Tuesday 25 November 2008

Opening/Title Sequence

Before I can decide on a storyline (in order to create an opening) I decided to research my title ideas.
I have also narrowed it down to two ideas:
Reeperbahn
AND/OR
Sins of my Father

Reeperbahn (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reeperbahn)
A song by Tom Waits I typed it in on wikipedia:
"
The Reeperbahn is a street in
Hamburg's St. Pauli district, one of the two centres of Hamburg's nightlife and also the city's red-light district. In German it is also called die sündige Meile (the sinful mile)".
SIN! I think this is could be a perfect idea for a film noir opening. The name says it all! I can picture it now! A dark night, late at the redlight district, down an alleyway..I reckon this could be hard to film, but I like a challenge. All I need to do is plan carefully!

Sins of my Father (Another song by Waits)
As I am considering this song, I decided to check out the lyrics.
(http://www.oldielyrics.com/lyrics/tom_waits/sins_of_my_father.html)
I like the idea of making a film about a son having to live and deal with the bad things his father has done, but I like Reeperbahn as a title more.






No comments: