Wednesday 18 March 2009

Evaluation - Question 4

Who would be the audience for your media product?

My target audience is middle-aged adults of both genders, but more so males as I feel this particular genre is more appealing to men. Noirs have the tendency to represent men as powerful and dominant. Men are represented in this way to maintain the patriarchal society even within a fictional world.
My film is a fresh new approach to the genre noir. It focuses on the alpha-male protagonists struggling, putting males into a different light this is appealing to women. It also features the stereotypical prostitues and promiscuous femme fatales, still maintaining the male side of the audience.

My film will appeal to male and females with an obscure film taste. It will appeal to adults who watch a film for the storyline, not because it has received a lot of publicity. I believe my audience would be a niche intellectual audience who crave films with a twist and leave you thinking.

No comments: