Monday 9 February 2009

London Continued

Yesterday I posted a short blog on my day, today I plan to continue with this :)
--------------------

It took ages to get to London yeste
rday so the moment we got there, we ate! After we ate we visted China Town briefly then got to work. My first idea I posted yesterday in the blog below. I wanted to capture buildings from a distance and Jake suggested to do so by the thames. So from Oxford Street we walked to Waterloo East in the rain! The initial idea was to get somewhere high and shoot. I wanted to stand on the balcony in the photograph (far left) but it was Royal Festival Hall (best place for a gig ever), and I couldn't get up there =[

So instead I tried the same shot from many different angles. Here is a still of the next angle I tried. I liked the view and the dull clouds. When I took this I was just below the building in the image above. I think this shot is okay. I like the trees in shot (again, credit to Mr Saunders). I think the trees go with the tone of my film. There was just something about the trees, they had no leaves! I really liked this idea.


My next idea was to end my title sequence with a train driving by. I really like the sound, and this was just something I wanted to try. I guess this isn't really relevant, but I thought it was a nice idea.


Next I returned to the tree idea :)
But this time I got footage of random people walking by, I thought this could also work. Like a cut to a noisy, busy scene considering how calm the first few scenes are.

Also, I filmed people walking past me on the bridge. Again, just another spur of the moment idea. I like collecting random footage that could work. I have definately got more than enough footage, and tomorrow I will be working on it.




No comments: