Wednesday 11 February 2009

TWO DAYS TILL DEADLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, really its like a day and a half D;
ALMOST FINISHED! But I keep worrying and thinking I've forgotten about something.

Today I edited everything in Final Cut Pro. It's looking alot better.
The plan for the next two days are as follows:

Tomorrow
- add in titles
- find people/teachers, get opinions
- add music

Friday
- get voiceover

- edit edit edit everything
- BLOG THIS!

If all goes to plan, I should be done on time :)

As tomorrow I am looking at titles, I started to think about where I want them, how long I want them for. It was really difficult to judge without watching a title sequence! I was quite suprised at how hard it is to make these decisions.

So here are some title sequences!



Le, Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain (The Fabulous Destiny of 'Amélie Poulain)
Directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet.
Released in 2001.

This is an AMAZING piece of film.
I posted the title sequence here as I like how the titles are WITH the footage. If you look back at my rough edit (http://videokid-media.blogspot.com/2009/02/title-sequence-rough-cut.html), it features a few titles, but they are over black and I don't want this.
I love how the titles do not remain in the same place.

Depending where the subject is, for example:


The chin here is justified more to the right, hence the text to be placed on the left side.

Here is the opposite, which is still nice. Throughout the title sequence it does this. It features a nice variety of footage, as some of my footage is purposely justified I wish to do this.



I'm a Cyborg, But That's Okay
Directed by Park Chan-wook.
Released in 2007 or 08?

A film Jake influenced me to watch.
NOTE: The video above is the part 1 of the film, not just the title sequence.



I really liked the title sequence!
Of course it lived up to the expectations of the amazing Chan-wook.
I loved the random choice of positioning with the text. I think it's really effective and different.



A Scanner Darkly
Directed by Richard Linklater.
Released in 2006.

Another film that places text at different places.

I really like this technique!
I think this is something I will play around with tomorrow !


No comments: